Recipe – Oreo Cheesecake
“Cheesecake will always taste like love.” – Shonda Rhimes
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 5 tablespoon melted butter
For the filling:
- 4 cups softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon nutella
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- Grated chocolate of your choice
Procedure for the crust:
- For the crust – blend the Oreo cookies until they are finely crushed. You can use a blender, food processor, or simply put the cookies in a resealable plastic bag and use a rolling-pin to crush it.
- In a mixing bowl, add the crushed cookies and the melted butter. Mix together well.
- Firmly press the mixture evenly in a 9 inch springform pan. Put this in the fridge to cool while you make the filling.
Procedure for the filling:
- In a big mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese. Using a electric hand mixer, mix the cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly add in the sugar, nutella and vanilla extract, mixing as you add. Make sure everything is mixed well.
- Now it’s time to add the whipped cream. You want to mix this with the cream cheese mixture very gently. Take 1 cup whipped cream, add it to the creamcheese mixture, and fold. Now add the second cup, and fold again.
Now that you have your crust and filling ready, it’s time to put it together.
Procedure for the cheesecake:
- Take the crust out of the fridge, and fill it with the creamcheese filling. Spread it evenly.
- For the topping, you can take any chocolate you prefer, and grate it to cover the top.
- Put the cake back in the fridge. Chill it overnight (atleast 5 hours).
- Enjoy! ❤