Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- One cabbage – you will need 9 full leaves
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Wash the cabbage and take off 8-9 individual leaves. Be careful not to tear it as the filling might leak.
2. Boil water in a pan. Add the leaves and add some salt. Boil for 4-5 minutes, or until the leaves become soft. Drain and keep aside.
3. For the ground beef – you are not supposed to cook it but keep it raw to fill the leaves. But I like to cook it first. In a saucepan, I add some oil, and sauté the onions and garlic. Add the minced beef and stir. Add some salt and pepper. Cook until the meat turns brown.
4. For the stuffing, take 1/3 cup rice and the minced beef. Mix both together.
5. Take a cabbage leaf, and stuff it with the filling. Roll the leaf and put it on a baking tray.
6. Spread tomato sauce on top of the rolls.
7. Bake the rolls for 35 minutes (if you use raw ground beef, you have to bake it for an hour).
8. Once it’s out of the oven, I like sprinkling some fresh ground pepper and parmesan cheese on top.
9. Serve and enjoy! ❤