Raise your hand if you’re still pandemic baking. I know I am! 😛
I have been making these oatmeal cookies almost every week. Nahyan and I love these with some tea, and Zakariya loves them as a snack!
Here’s my favourite part – you can add in nuts, dates, raisins, chocolate chips, whatever you want! My favourite combinations have been dates and raisins together, and white-chocolate chips with walnuts (I need to get some macadamia nuts next and give them a try).
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup white chocolate chips*
1/2 cup chopped walnuts*
*you can sub these for flavours you like! Just add 1/2 cup of each.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, flour, raisins, dates, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla to this and beat until combined.
- Add the two mixtures together until fully combined.
- On a baking sheet, place small round balls of dough, about 1.5-2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown but still soft (it will harden a little as it cools), about 10-12 minutes.
- Set on rack to cool.
- And enjoy!