We all need a treat now and then. Especially with the crazy year we have had, I think we all deserve it more than ever before! But for those who are on a low-carb diet, it can be a little tricky to find good recipes. Which is why I am super excited to share this low-carb, no-sugar, yet delicious vanilla cakesicle with dark chocolate coating! Trust me when I say, they are so good, everyone will love it. Even my toddler approved!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup Splenda Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or double vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs room temperature and beaten
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp. butter (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp. Splenda Stevia
- ½ tsp heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup dark chocolate
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a medium- large bowl
- In a small bowl, beat all wet ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients into dry mixture and beat well
- Spread in an 8×8” pan and bake for 20-30 mins (until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, and the top is golden brown).
- Allow to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then turn out on to a cooling rack and cool completely
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, Splenda Stevia and heavy whipping cream until very creamy.
- Once cake is completely cool, break it apart completely in a large bowl until it resembles fine crumbs. Make sure there are no large chunks of cake, or cake edges.
- Add your binder, and mix everything together until it almost resembles dough.
- Press evenly into popsicle molds, insert popsicle sticks and put in the freezer for about 30 mins to harden.) Once they have hardened, carefully remove each from the mold, and keep them chilled while you dip them
- Melt your dark chocolate. Heat in the microwave for 10-15 second increments, stirring before returning to microwave until melted. A double boiler works for this as well. Be careful to not overheat and burn your chocolate as it will not be the right consistency.
- Dip each chilled cakesickle into melted chocolate. Let any extra chocolate drip off.
- Place on a sheet of parchment paper to harden.
- Design as you please!
This recipe makes 16 servings.