Now that Zakariya is 15 months old, he’s more interested in snacks than his regular meals some days. I’ve been experimenting with snack ideas that are both healthy and yummy!
This muffin recipe was hit! He loves banana’s so I decided to make banana muffins, but added some apples and carrots to the mix. He loved it!
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 apple – peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small carrot – peeled and grated
- 1 banana – mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 50g melted butter or oil
- Flour – 1 ¼ cup
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Start by peeling and cutting the apple and carrot. Then, in a small pan, put the apple and carrot and some water. Cover with a lid on and simmer until apple soft. Usually 5-6 minutes. Let it cool. Puree with a hand blender.
- Mash the banana and add it to the pureed fruit mixture
- Add eggs, vanilla, and butter/oil
- Beat these wet ingredients together with a hand-held beater, should become smooth, yellow and a little frothy
- Add the flour and baking powder
- Beat for a further 30-60 seconds to make a well-mixed batter
- Portion into an oiled KiddoFeedo trays, and bake at 250 Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until cooked
- Cool and serve!