Roasted tomato and pepper soup – perfect for this cooler weather! A bowl of this creamy deliciousness with garlic bread or grilled cheese sandwich is all I need in the Fall.
5-6 Tomatoes, cut in half
1-2 bell peppers, take out the core and seeds and cut in half
1 head of garlic cloves
1 medium onion, cut in half
Vegetable broth (~2 cups)
Splash of cream
1-2 tbsp butter
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper – to taste
Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 380. In a baking pan, add in tomatoes, bell peppers, onion and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Bake for 30-40 minutes until soft and slightly brown on the edges.
- Put the roasted vegetables in a bowl/box and hand blend until smooth. You can also use a blender, just make sure you cool the vegetables if you do.
- Heat a pan and add some butter. When the butter melts, add in the blended vegetable puree and fry for 1 minute. Add in vegetable broth. Add in more salt and pepper if needed. Add cayenne pepper if you want it a little spicy.
- Add in cream for a creamier taste.
- Serve with garlic bread or grilled cheese sandwich!