With cold winter days just around the corner, I wanted to share one of my favourite soups with you. This is the ultimate comfort in a bowl. So make this soup, cozy up with your blankets, put on your favourite holiday movie and enjoy ❤
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Butternut squash, cut in the middle and remove the seeds
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut in half
- 1 big carrot, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 whole garlic, cut across the middle
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- Extra Virgin Olive oil – I love this one from Phoeapolis Organics
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a baking tray, put all the vegetables to roast. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake until soft, 30-40 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and the veggies cool down a little bit. Use a hand mixer (or blender) to blend everything up until its smooth.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high and add some olive oil. Once the oil heats up, add the veggie mixture and stir.
- Add vegetable broth, salt and pepper and let everything come to a boil.
- Turn off stove, add cream and serve.
- Optional – top it with roasted chickpeas. So good!