- Asparagus – 10 spears
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Smoked Atlantic salmon – 4 oz
- Tomato – 4-5 medium ones, sliced
- 10 Wheat Crackers
For the herbed cream cheese:
- Cream cheese, at room temperature – 1/4 cup
- Lemon zest – 1/2 lemon
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tsp.
- Chopped fresh chives – 1 1/2 Tbs.
- Chopped fresh dill – 1 Tbs.
- Prepare the herbed cream cheese first. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, chives and dill. Mix everything well. Put it in an air-tight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to broil. On a baking sheet, put the asparagus with olive oil and broil for 7-8 minutes. Once it’s cooked, let it cool.
- To assemble, take a cracker and spread the herbed cream cheese. Take a slice of tomato and gently place it in the center. Next, take one asparagus spear, and slice it lengthwise into two equal halves. Take some smoked salmon, and roll the asparagus, cut side facing down. Place it on top of the tomato.
- Arrange on a platter and serve!