I have been experimenting with soup recipes for a while now. Here is a super simple, super healthy recipe for you guys! 🙂
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small potato
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or parsley
- 5 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups reduced-chicken broth
- 2 medium-sized chicken breast
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat butter and oil in a deep pan over medium heat until the butter melts. Add onion until brownish. Add the carrots and potato; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme (or parsley); cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- In another pan, boil the chicken breast (this water can be used as the water in the soup later on).
- Add the water and broth to the vegetables; bring to a lively simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer and cook until very tender, about 20 minutes. Add the boiled chicken breast (cut into cubes).
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Stir in half-and-half (if using), salt and pepper.
- Serve hot! And enjoy 😀
Click here to see this in action – Video
2 thoughts on “Recipe – Carrot, Potato and Chicken Soup”
Nice video! =D I swear I’m too old to learn how to make a video for youtube. It would be so “cooking show style” if you had an assistant with you and then you show the last product for visual display purposes … sprinkle some paprika and a coriander leaf on it =p
And ps: Taz ~~ do u blend the chicken as well? Personally I like having chicken chunks in my soup.
Yes! Maybe if this takes off I will need to hire one 😛 haha, until then it will be amateur 😛
And yes I blended the chicken as well. I prefer to have chunks when the soup is thin and runny but with a thicker soup (like this one) I prefer to just blend it all in 😀
Comments are closed.